To honor student achievement and leadership, promote educational excellence, award scholarships, and enhance career opportunities for the NTHS membership.
To be the international leader in providing recognition for excellence in career and technical education.
- Providing the highest quality recognition for outstanding students in career and technical education,
- Supplying excellent services to our diverse and multi-cultural membership and member schools,
- Providing scholarship opportunities for its members,
- Creating new and emerging relationships between the educational community and business and industry,
- Being a flexible organization on the leading edge of technology and constantly responding to change,
- Maintaining financial responsibility to meet our increasing needs,
- Sustaining growth, innovation and continuous improvement based upon ongoing evaluation.
BENEFITS OF THE NATIONAL TECHNICAL HONOR SOCIETY
School Membership Benefits
- A nationally recognized and proven national honor organization with thousands of member schools and colleges.
- Encourages higher student achievement and success.
- Contributes to a strong, positive school image in the local community.
- Awards scholarships to NTHS members.
- Membership develops self-esteem and pride.
- Helps schools build and maintain active partnerships with local business and industry.
- Helps schools attract and recruit more qualified students into career and technical education programs.
- Encourages the involvement of parents, family and industry in the educational process.
- Partnered with the following career technical student organizations: DECA, FCCLA, FBLA/PBL, HOSA and SkillsUSA in promoting excellence in career and technical education.
- Encourages service learning in the local community.
- NTHS Hall of Fame for outstanding leaders and educators.
- Helping its members find success in today's highly competitive workplace.
Student Membership Benefits
- NTHS Technical Student Membership is an important career and professional investment recognized by education, business and industry.
- NTHS offers technical student scholarships, a big advantage for NTHS members exclusively.
- Members receive a membership certificate, presentation folder, pin, ID card, graduation tassel, a letter of recommendation customized for the student's career portfolio, window decal and official NTHS seal to be applied to the member’s diploma or training certificate.
- Personal letters of recommendation for employment, college admission and scholarships provided by NTHS National Headquarters.
- Potential opportunites to be recruited by top corporations, colleges and universities.
- VVVNTHS gear from the online catalog.
Joining NTHS is an important career investment, respected by business, industry, and education that will add value and prestige to your professional portfolio.
Student candidates must meet national and local membership standards and should be persons who have demonstrated scholastic achievement, skill development, leadership, honesty, responsibility, and good character. Membership in a career/technical student organization (CTSO) is important to leadership development and career preparation and therefore, strongly encouraged.
The student membership fee is a one time $25 fee.
- NTHS membership materials including: custom certificate, presentation folder, member pin, ID card, window decal, white tassel, official NTHS diploma seal and general letter of recommendation customized for each student's career portfolio.
- Access to the secure online career center for a period of one year after graduation.
- NTHS scholarship opportunities including the Jon H. Poteat scholarship and others through our career/technical student organization partners.
- Access to requesting specific letters of recommendation for employment, college, or scholarships for a period of one year after graduation.
- Always listed in our national registry for recruitment opportunities by top U.S colleges and corporations.
- Official commencement accessories and NTHS logo gear available for purchase.